Labels

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

So I am working on "Vintage Nine Patch" by Lisa Bongean

I took the "Vintage Nine Patch" class from Lisa Bongean at Primitives of the Midwest last summer, but didn't get very far. Now that I am done with "Flower Shop," I am going to go back to work on the nine patches. Man, I didn't realize how many I need: 123 in all, so to work I go.
Cut all the solid/vintage pairs down to 4 1/2 inch squares. Before and after the rotary cutter carnage.
And start stitching: Lisa's pattern is pretty easy to follow so far.
And more stitching....

And after who knows how many hours, I have about half of the nine patches I need.
What I LOVE about kits is the wonderful variety of fabrics you get to discover. This kit was especially delightful in the array of reproduction prints it contained.

Primitives of the Midwest is held every year (at least for 5, so far) at Quilter's Station in Lee's Summit, Missouri. Here is the link to my mother's patterns at Quilter's Station. I love buying fabric there. They have EVERYTHING!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a lot of cutting and piecing. But it will be a beautiful quilt when you finish.

Debbie

*karendianne. said...

Ohh la, la! Love that. Very much love it. Oh to count the hours. I've never been able to do that. For me it's like counting all the money spent. At least over at LeeHaven we try never to do that. Don't count up all the hours, the fabric money or the Vet bills. Just leave the head in the sand on that.

Disposable Income, *karendianne.