Labels

Thursday, June 25, 2009

What's up on my vacation?




I came into Kansas City on Sunday. I can't tell the story of why Mom and Dad left me standing at the airport for nearly 5 hours; suffice it to say I was the only one truly traumatized by the experience. Everyone was okay; it was a case of miscommunication which can be easily remedied by cell phone. If all parties have cell phones, that is.

I am in Kansas City for the Primitives of the Midwest gathering. On Monday night we enjoyed listening to Jennifer Keltner, editor of American Patchwork & Quilting at a reception held at Quilter's Station in Lee's Summit. On Tuesday morning I took a class with Renee Plains. We (students Kim from up north and I) worked on a rag doll. I have mine almost completed (it is pictured above). On Tuesday I had an all day class with Lisa Bongean (sharing a table with Linda the Joplin mail carrier). We worked on a beautiful nine-patch quilt with wool embellishment. I will have pictures of that when I get further along with it. Today (Thursday) Mom, Dad and I went out to Harper's where I was able to purchase the quilt I have had in my dreams for a year. I am so glad Robin decided to part with it. I will love it forever! The fabrics and free motion quilting patterns will provide me with inspiration for many years.

4 comments:

Kim Brackett said...

Oh, what a great vacation that must be! I love your primitive little rag doll. I'm anxious to see pictures of your nine-patch quilt and your Harper's quilt.

WoolenSails said...

Apart from the wait, it sounds like a wonderful time, great teachers too.
Can't wait to see pictures of what you made and bought.

Debbie

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having fun and enjoying yourself.
Can't wait to see the quilt you got.
Love Aunt Katie

Anonymous said...

Been trying to post to your blog and haven't been able to other than anonymous...
-Karin