Labels

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Quilt Camp (Stitch-In) Supplies

A co-worker's wife sent me the bright blue hydrangea bloom (below). It is such an understanding gesture from one wife to another in the time of loss.
Balls of fabric and a rug being made of fabric strips.
One word: stress. It is not like the stress when he (my husband) was in the hospital. That was beyond stress; that was living in some alternate universe where things didn't make sense one moment to the next. This stress is from intermittant bouts with grief and anger.
Kitten, the one-eyed cat, snoozes while I type.

3 comments:

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Sending much love your way . . . I can't imagine the pain you are going through. :(

Gretchen said...

Hope you have a good healing time at stitch-in surrounded & supported by all your friends. Overwhelming stress wrecks havoc on your health and well-being. I hope some Thimble time will do you good.

Libby said...

Lovely gifts like the hydrangea are just what the doctor ordered. Best of luck with your Rosacea. It is something I battle with, too. When you get it back under control, treat yourself to V beam laser treatment(s) I did that about 5 years ago and loved the results. I hope to have a little 'tuneup' in the near future.