Labels

Friday, April 8, 2011

Photos from the One Block Wonder workshop

These blocks belong to the student (Gail) who sat next to me at the workshop. Not one of us could visualize what her fabric would look like after she cut it up.
Here is Gail with her fabric.  Can you imagine she would get such beautiful blocks from her it?
I wish I'd gotten before/after photos of all the fabric/blocks.  I just took a few snaps of the work we were doing.  Our instructor, Jan Chesnik, brought along a beautiful quilt (from her many).  I took this photo of the border detail:
Here are some more photos of students blocks:



Christie's is amazing. She started with dragon fabric.
This is my personal favorite; made from Moda's Kashmir V Brown Antique Garden (one of my favorite fabrics).
And here is mine so far:
I will take a picture of the original fabric so you can see what I started with.  I purchased the 4 1/2 yards of fabric right after I signed up for the workshop.  I picked something from the sale table, and didn't really like it all that much. Then I got the book One Block Wonders .  I started questioning my fabric, so Mom and I looked at Jo Ann's, Quilter's Station and her stash.  It was tough; we couldn't decide what I should use.  It turned out I used the original fabric I bought.  I am happy with the results so far.  And I have to say this was just about the most fun I'd ever had in a workshop. Each hexagon is different; you don't know what you will get.  I just love working on it.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful combinations of fabrics, love how they turned out.

Debbie

oldgreymare said...

Those are amazing...

xx
z

Unknown said...

fascinating

Carol said...

Karmen, I'd have picked something similar to yours, cause I love florals, esp large florals! I'm gradually trying to accumulate florals in as many colors as I can get to blend-when I eventually try, it should be a loud one! Lucky for me my husband tolerates most anything I like.