Labels

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Wait Awhile; Things Will Change (originally posted 4/4/18)


When my grandson, Everett, was born, I thought I'd make him a baby quilt. He is now 18 months old, and it is not finished. It now has borders, but they are not the orange ones. 

Once I remembered how to turn on my machine, I began chain piecing 10 inch squares together.
 Ironed them open and arranged them.
Sewed them together; realized I'd gotten them out of order, got pissy about it and put it away. I bought baby gifts.


 Looking back at these pictures, I really like the original border plan! Darn. I like the new one too. Just not as much. See the kitty border I put on it? I found it while cleaning out my sewing room.
I've since rejoined the guild I was a member of 5 years ago. They are having a challenge: finish 12 projects in 1 year, and you will earn a PhD in quilting.
Sounds like a good idea...

No comments: