Labels

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fours sides on

This quilt top is so hard to photograph!  I don't know if it is me getting pickier about photo quality, or the lighting, insufficient camera, or these colors are just difficult to photograph, but I want to do better, but how to get clear crisp shots?  Time for a camera upgrade? Should I make the leap to SLR?  I have my eye on the Nikon 3100.  Any advice?
I am celebrating the completion of hand-quilting on the pink monster.  As soon as I get my machine free-motion anxiety under control, I will tackle the border and binding so I can celebrate having all three of my declared UFOs done for the year.  Last year I was 0 for 5 and this year I will be, as soon as I bind the pink monster, 3 for 3.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

The quilt looks wonderful, love the fabrics.
You quilt photos look beautiful to me. I do notice that on my mac, my photos look good and on my dell, they are horrid, so monitors can make a difference. Good lighting is the key to photos, I just try different lighting and hope for the best.

Debbie

Kim said...

The quilt top is gorgeous. Nice colors. This year I upgraded my camera to an SLR, Canon EOS Tsi. Love it! Worth every penny

Becky said...

I have a friend who purchased a professional quilt holder to photograph her quilts. That seemed to help lots.

Love this quilt!!!! Great job getting your UFO's done.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Gretchen said...

So happy that you have your UFOs conquered for the year! With photos, it's all in the lighting (and editing software). I love your Irish chain chicken quilt! It's gorgeous and very French Provencal. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your time off from work!