Labels

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

We found a quilt that my mother-in-law sold. It was made by her grandmother, exhibited in the 1933 Chicago World's Fair, and now resides in the Ardis & Robert James Collection at the International Quilt Study Center in Nebraska. My MIL is 90 years old, and she is very happy to see a picture of the quilt and know that it is in the very best of care. The museum has her grandmother's DOD wrong, but how hard would it be to get that corrected? I think I will let my husband and his mom handle looking into that. You can find the quilt's particulars at this link: Mounts Quilt and then type "Mounts" in the search box for quiltmaker. I had my husband take the picture to Kinko's to have it enlarged. I am going to attempt to make a pillow from the basket motif for MIL. I think she would love it.

AND I have lost the hand dyed thread I need for the vine embroidery on Vintage Nine. Don't know what happened to it. I hope Mom locates it somewhere in the studio.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome to have located the quilt. Your MIL will be so pleased.
We will look for your thread.

katie

Brenda Groelz said...

If you'd like the contact info for the IQSC curator (so you can offer her the DOD correction), just contact me at brenda@handiquilter.com. I serve on the Board of Directors and would be happy to help you.

Best regards,
Brenda Groelz