Labels

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday at Home


Yep, I skipped out on church to rest up and get better from whatever was ailing my throat. And I do feel better. I started to work on Aunt Millie, but I was really jonesing (do they use that word anymore?) to embellish clothing. I ordered a sweatshirt to do the wool applique on, but that didn't sate the urge. I had to have more. A few weeks ago I purchased some large oxford shirts on sale at Dillard's in the women's sleepwear department. I knew they would make a good canvas for applique, so I got out one of Mom's books: Miss Jump's Memories. I stole the flower and leaves from "Six Cats in my Garden" and the crock idea from "Three Pots Full." Well really I wanted to do the yarrow from "Pots," but I realized I needed rickrack, and I don't have any, so I improvised. Above is a picture of the back of the shirt on the ironing board with the pieces pinned on.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I loved doing those flowers in my quilt and they look great in a pot too.
I am always mixing patterns together, more fun that way;)

Debbie

Unknown said...

Karmen I love the shirt.
Robin is thinking about buying a sewing machine after seeing what all we are making.
Love the shirt.

katie