Labels

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Atlanta Shop Hop, Tiny Circles and Aunt Millie




The weather has been just dreadful for the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop. Thursday I didn't get started until after 1:00 p.m., but I managed to get to Intown Quilters, Patrick's, and Sweet Home Quilt Co. I loved all three stops, but I have to tell you about Patrick's. The farthest point east on our tour of shops, Patrick's is in an old country store in Covington. They have everything from boots and jeans to candy and quilt fabric. I would have loved to spend more time there, but we had to get a move on. Sweet Home Quilt Co. is in an old home in the historic area of Conyers. It is a charming store with tons of fabric; they even had plenty of Miss Jump's Scrapbag fabric from Moda.
On Friday I got an even later start. The weather cleared up, so at 3:00 p.m. I hopped in the car for the ride to Marietta. Being a stubborn person, I decided to ignore advice to take the freeway. It took 2 hours to go the 30 miles, and when I got there Iwas totally lost. Here is what happened: I stopped to fill up with gas at a QT. A workman in a truck told me to go back to GA400, then 285 and then up 75. Did I do it? Oh, heck no. I did not want to use the freeway, so I drove a little farther into LOST and stopped at a Starbuck's. I don't know why I would think 3 young dudes of varios races would be better navigators than a working dude in a truck, but I did. They were not. A call to the store straightened me out. So I hit Tiny Stitches and Little Quilts on Friday. The wonderful woman who waited on me at Little Quilts said to tell my mother "hello" for them. She met Mom in Houston some years ago. I purchased the fabric for the Nantucket Basket at Little Quilts but had gotten the pattern (sorry no link to it) the day before as a freebie from one of the other shops. The other two pictures are from the project I am working on today. My 4th block from Aunt Millie's Flower Garden requires very small circles, so I am doing them assembly line style using Perfect Circles by Karen Kay Buckley. I did circles on the other blocks the traditional way. Trust me, you need Perfect Circles. Don't be stubborn like me.

No comments: