Labels

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Uh-Oh! Mom's gonna be mad.

I just got back to Atlanta from spending time with my parents in Independence, Missouri. I love visiting them. My Dad is a fabulous cook (more in a later post), and my Mom has a sewing studio, a three story sewing studio. Yes, I have studio envy. One of these days I will get my sewing "area" organized. In the mean time I will satisfy myself with occaisionally wrecking havoc in hers when I get a chance.
Mom has been asking me for an Amy Butler Sunday Sling like the one we made at her house before (see here). My artsy son took that one when he moved out. The next one went to a friend (see here and scroll down). And my replacement bag (here). So I brought the cut out pieces with me, and, once she got busy doing something else, I started ironing the stabilizer onto the straps.
Uh-oh. Mom's gonna be mad.
I was able to peel the upside down strip off, and  there didn't seem to be any ill effect from the gluey stuff on the ironing board cover. She didn't even know I'd made a mistake (and I ain't tellin).
Here is the bag with handles attached; and the side pockets. 
I like the inside fabric best.

  The little pocket inside is called a cell phone pocket, but it is just right to keep lipstick handy. I'd purchased some lip plumper at Ulta (by Two Faced), and I tryed to trick Mom into trying it. You know that stuff feels just like you kissed a shot of lidocaine. Mom didn't go for it (I thought it would be funny and I could post the video on You Tube).
 Anywho, I didn't have much fun at Mom and Dad's house until I got this darn bag finished. I swear I'm not making another one.
  But I already have it cut out. 
Dang it.

8 comments:

Libby said...

Three story studio-I have studio envy, too. Sounds like you had a great time with your folks(can't wait to hear about the food) The bag is fab!

Anonymous said...

I can so understand the studio envy of your mom's studio I had the pleasure quite a few years ago to visit her studio on a tour when we were at a gathering at Liberty Quilt Shop we all went home with dreams of having a studio like that some day.(I'm still waiting!) Your mom was so gracious and welcoming to all of us parading through her studio and beautiful backyard. A fantastic memory that we have kept for many years.
Loved the bag.

WoolenSails said...

I would love a one story, very large studio room so everything fits in one place, lol. Love the bag, those fabrics are perfect for a bag.

Debbie

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, wow, what a gorgeous bag! You sure you don't want to make one for me? Seriously, it is amazing. I know your mom is enjoying it. And you've made me smile this morning. Thank you.

Kris said...

WHAT? No blog post about your Mom's studio????? For shaME! I love the bag!
You are so lucky to still have your Daddy! I miss mine so!!!
XO Kris

Unknown said...

awesome bag Karmen

Becky said...

Would love to see photos of your Mom's studio! Awesome job with her bag! Thanks for sharing!

Charlie said...

From The bottom of my heart. I love my shopping bag. That is a gift every man can dream of !!!!!!!!!