Thursday, December 27, 2012

Where are the family pictures?

I finished this little quilt today. I chose orange bias stripe binding.
I have enjoyed spending time with family this holiday season, and I have not recorded a single photograph of the fun I've had with them. Sheesh.
 Naturally I have cat photos. I was not sure Joe would stay away from the tree. Fortunately he was chill about it.
This is cake the neighbor, Wanda, made and brought to us. I didn't cook; my oven is broken.
Since I eventually want to something with the pile of denim jeans taking up space in the closet, I set about de-constructing them. Here is a pile of denim "bones."
 And the resulting pile of usable denim parts. This work took all day, so I'll just let it sit for a while. I'm not sure what I want to do yet.
Joe has a favorite perch in my sewing room. He likes to be up high, snoozing away.
I've no doubt sewing machine noise puts cats straight to sleep.
 The quilt below is one I "finished" a couple of years ago and put in a charity auction. You know, one of those silent auctions where people write in bids. No one bid on it (small sigh), so I had to. I bought it for $60. (big sigh)
I felt like it needed something, and so today I decided to add more quilting.
Oh yes, much better. I used varigated thread on the front and clear bobbin thread, but the back looks better too.
You absolutely can add quilting to a quilt that's already been bound. This is the second time I've done it, and both quilts were better off for it. 
Sweet! Like Joe's little toes.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I like how you set the quilt on an extra table, I really should use my big table for quilting, would be a lot easier to move around. I have a pile of my husband's jeans and some corduroy and want to make a gee bend style for him.

Debbie

Margaret Stickland said...

G,Day from down under, all the photos look good, thought you may have run out of batteries.

Muddling Through said...

Well, you have certainly gotten a LOT accomplished. Probably because of the excellent cat encouragement. Both quilts looks really good. And I have gone back and quilted more to a finished one, too. Just didn't tell anyone. :)

Kris said...

Well, to me, the saddest thing, is that no one had the sense to bid on that quilt!!! What a crying shame, that there wasn't someone there to recognize the art of needle and thread!
Joe is one cutie patooty!!!
xo Kris