Labels

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blocks done

I couldn't remember what I was doing last weekend, so I ended up cutting too many of one piece and not enough of another so wasted some fabric.  That's a scary thing to do when the kit is a few years old, but I had bought extra blue fabric when I found it at Quilter's Station in Lee's Summit, Mo.
I love the fabrics in this quilt, but I have to say my piecing job is not terrific.  If I had to do it over I believe I would either appliqué the fan onto a background square and/or paper piece the fan.
At least the blocks are done.
And the Oscar show is nearly done too.
I'd better go catch the last of it.
See you all next weekend!

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Those look beautiful against the background fabrics.
I think you did a wonderful job on the piecing, but I think applique would look nice too.

Debbie

Me and My Stitches said...

Looks like kitty has had a rough day!

Waytogojb said...

Those are so beautiful. I saw you sewing last Friday afternoon and the camera really does not do them justice. Hope I get to see the finished quilt.