Labels

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ironing Board Drama

I wanted a new ironing board, so I went to Sears because I saw the one I wanted in their online catalog. Why wait for a delivered order when you have a Sears store less than 10 miles away? So I went to the store. They had none in stock, but told me I could go to the online terminal and order from there. I tried that, but the computer system was so ridiculous slow that I decided to return home to place my order. Two weeks later the ironing board order was taking too long, so I changed my mind and decided to cancel the back-ordered ironing board. My old one was was okay, and Christmas cost me more than I'd planned, so I called Sears to cancel the ironing board. I had not been sent a shipping confirmation, so I figured it would be no problem to cancel it. Oh, yes, it was a problem. The customer service clerk said "you may refuse delivery," or "return it to the store." So while I was awaiting the inevitable delivery, I changed my mind again and decided maybe I would keep it after all. I'd been wanting this particular ironing board for a couple of years, so okay now I was looking forward to it again. It came today. DO YOU SEE that it cannot sit level? Not EVEN A LITTLE LEVEL! OH MAN, now I have to go BACK to the store to return the darn thing. Who says online shopping is easy? I hate this. AND THE SHIPPING is NOT REFUNDABLE!? Are you kidding me?! SERIOUSLY!? Something that was not in stock at the store? That I could have tested for level before I took it home? I have to pay for shipping? REALLY. OH, I GUESS maybe you can tell I'm mad.STUPID DARNED PAIN IN THE A** purchased online DELUXE IRONING STATION.

4 comments:

antique quilter said...

send this blog post to Sears customer service! Iwouldn't pay the shipping either, deduct it from the CC bill
I have a big board on top of my ironing board and I love it!
kathie

Kim said...

Sears is getting to be a pain-in-the-butt. They charge you a fee to order and then they charge you a second fee to return it. And god forbid you try to pay with a credit card unless you specifically told them in advance. Arrgh

Anonymous said...

Dear A Quilter Awakens,

We are sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced with your online order. We understand why you are frustrated with this order and would like to assist you with the credit of you purchase and shipping. My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares Executive Team and we are here for assistance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the ironing board was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition please include your screen name (A Quilter Awakens) in your email so we can reference to your posting.

Thank you,

David V.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Cares

Unknown said...

Good grief what a mess.
Notice is email address reads more like Sears Scares.
Hope old David V. is legit and can help you out.