Labels

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Quilt by Credit Card

Okay, okay, I finally get what my quilting friends have known all these years: You quilt by credit card!
Leisa, the longarm quilter took 3 of my quilt tops, along with the backing fabrics I'd selected and turned the tops into beautiful quilts. I cannot wait to put the binding on and have them completely finished.
This first one is a bento box style quilt I started in a Jean Ann Wright workshop using a jelly roll and Jean's special ruler. Mom helped me select the border fabrics.
I cannot remember if I found the backing fabric at a garage sale or the local Goodwill store.
Next is a pattern and technique I learned in a Holice Turnbow class the same day as Jean Ann's class. This one is made of Moda's Brannock (Mom) & Patek fabric.
 Here is detail of the feathers Leisa quilted. I am thinking of binding it the black version of the border fabric. Yes, I said black. Just wait; you'll see. Unless, that is, Mom puts the kabosh on the idea.
 Mom sent me the delicious backing fabric (Minnick & Simpson).
The third quilt Leisa quilted for me shall remain unseen until the 5 year old recipient (or her mother) gets to see it.
I am off to the 4th day of quilt camp; I am working on another special gift quilt.
Happy Quilting Ya'll
(This is Georgia after all.)

2 comments:

lettielulu said...

Sounds like you're getting some great quilts finished. Good to hear you so upbeat. Continue to enjoy 'camp'!

Libby said...

I'm all for the black binding....go for it!