Sunday, August 8, 2010


One of the first tops I pieced on the machine was this kit from Tula Pink called "Nests." I put it together on my Featherweight, but I really didn't know what I was doing (you know, that squaring up baloney).  I pulled it out to finish as a gift, but it was way to small at 54 inches, so I added some borders. I think I will send it off to a quilter, so she can "quilt out" some of the fullness my poor technique added.

2 comments:

carol said...

Your "nest" quilt looks good to me. I enjoyed the "you can quilt it out" and think I will be humming that quite frequently. On another site, I read about an actual quilting "hammer/mallet" for "beating" out those little "puffy areas." I thought that was funny also.

Star Quilt Company said...

Your blog looks great! And loved the video.
Mom