Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pitiful Me

And here's another surprise I didn't need: I woke up with a sore throat, so I drank hot tea all morning at work while I tutored math students. When my Sudafed and Ibuprofen wore off I was miserable. I'd been pushing myself to work because we have been short-staffed, but now I really felt bad. I made arrangements at work for someone (thanks, Pamela) to cover and help out, and I left. The doctor says I have asthmatic-bronchitis and/or pneumonia. He gave me 3 shots, a breathing treatment and 5 prescriptions. I am supposed to take 2 classes at Patchwork Cottage on Saturday. What should I do? Cancel now, or wait and hope I get better? Well right now I am going to bed. Oh yeah, and tomorrow's my birthday.... bummer.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Karmen,
This is not your week. Tough when our kids get sick and then we get it.
I would wait and see how the meds work. If you cancel now and feel better, you will kick yourself;)

Get rest and drink lots of watered down OJ, that is my trick to flushing out chest colds.

Debbie

Gretchen said...

Think good happy quilty thoughts and you will be better by Saturday! I bet by Friday night all the medication will have kicked in and you will be better. Get lots of sleep!