Labels

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Done with the Fun at Expo


Yesterday I wandered around the show with Debra Bratton, a new math faculty member from work. She is new to Atlanta, so she had never been to the show. I think she had fun. I spent a good deal of time in the "Vogue" booth, and that is where I spent most of my money. I purchased three books, a dress pattern, bundles of cloth and a roll of pink cross-stitch fabric. I had two classes this morning; all of my classes have been on Janome's 6600. I think I am in love. We did circles and all kinds of decorative stitches on batik. I really enjoyed it, once I got the hang of it. After that, we had a class on flying geese. I am still a little "squaring" challenged. I am going to do a little hand-quilting on the geese block before I turn it into a small pillow. I will probably make the batik block into a pillow too. Or I could make a large variety of place mats!?

The "doctor" put me on keflex and prednisone for my sore throat. I feel weird. I think I should go to my regular doctor as a follow up, since steroids can be dangerous, but I am really too tired to even think of making a doctor appointment. Plus, when do I go? I have Unity quilter's group tomorrow, and then back to work Monday where I am going to be two math tutors short the whole week (and it's the week before final exams). I'm going to bed............

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Look like that was fun and informative.
We have our very first quilt show here in Warsaw this month. Have no idea what it will be like but I hope it takes hold and grows each year, than the next week end there is one in Stover with lots of venders. Everything which isn't much that I know about quilting is old school.

WoolenSails said...

What fun to take different classes and learn new techniques and machine sewing. I got some back issues of quilting arts and love the unique quilts and ways of making them.

I hope you feel better and I hate prednisones, make me feel worse, so avoid them if I can.

Debbie

Karmen said...

Yeah, Debbie, I think this will be the last time I let them put me on the darn things. This "doctor" has had me on them 4 times this year. I think I need to stick to my regular doctor. He is downtown though, so it takes a lot more time.