Labels

Sunday, February 8, 2009

What Is Going ON? I give up.



I am not feeling like I am doing so well on Moda's Tula Pink "Nests." I was using my Singer Featherweight, but I don't think that is the problem. I adjusted and played with everything but the bobbin tension. All of the blocks did this "cupping" thing when I sewed corner squares on the bias, and I don't seem to be able to make the blocks come out as 14 inch squares. So I went ahead and re-measured everything. I may have it okay now. I did 9 blocks to the 10 inch square, and next weekend I will solve the brown fabric problem and add the portions to the blocks to make 14" (I hope). I have posted pictures of the first two blocks that are messed up. I am not sure if I will try to recycle them....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karmen, in answer to your question, I did piece mine on machine. My problem is not pinning on bias fabric. I'm always in a big hurry for gratification.
I have about 3 rugs in the works and wanted to get this months block out of the way so I didn't have to worry about getting behind. My blocks are 1.00 a month and 37.50 at the end for something sashing or what ever. So I won't have much in it and might be able to have it quilted .
I love Tula Pink's fabric I've looked at her on the net. Don't give up you will master it.
Katie

softinthehead said...

I'll learn to quilt and you can make dolls....I think it can work, lol! Pam