Sunday, December 22, 2013

2013

I have removed the last post; the one with the gift quilt in it. I gave it to the former family member who was being so kind to me. She has cruelly betrayed me and I cannot look on the quilt I so joyfully made for her. I should have known, when I gave it to her, as she set it aside without unfolding it, that something was up.

My husband fell out of bed and died 22 days later. His kids didn't come see him until the 22nd day; I'd kept him alive one more day than he would have liked so they could get there to see the tube removed and his heart stop.

My husband's identical twin brother and wife, who would not speak nor look at my husband and I during their mother's funeral 4 months earlier, took charge of my husband's remains and had me sobbing in the days before the funeral service. I don't know what happened to the remains. All he told me was he was going to "fling them off the side of the mountain." 

The business attorney could not get a dime from the company my husband owned 24 1/2 % of. The 51% owner would not allow any employee time off to attend my husband's service and told me "lady if you push, I'll knock you back 3 feet." The company name is MDR, associated with Allied Credit and Collections out of Houshton, GA. The owner is Rex Gallogly. The other 24 1/2 % owner, Jimmy Harris, the last man to make my husband laugh, turned out to be a chicken-shit and did not attend the service either.

The probate attorney did not probate the will he wrote and filed three years earlier and put me in a process called Year's Support.  I never understood what he was doing.  The will that stated I was executor and beneficiary was rendered moot by the Year's Support process. He, the attornery, never told me that.

The malpractice attorney didn't think the medication issue I believed killed my husband was a factor in his death, but perhaps he could make a case against the hospital based on sepsis. I declined to make a fight. I don't think anything could have been done to save my husband; the hospital staff did the best they could. I don't know if other family members, seeking to leave me out, have filed a suit for their own benefit.

Then I had to put my husband's dog down. Scooter was our first puppy, but he was 15 years old and having trouble.

Monday my oldest son, Eron, had his thyroid removed. We are waiting on the pathology report to see if more cancer treatment will be necessary. He is doing very well though.

My dad has broken his ankle and surgery will be complicated by a heart condition he has been ignoring.

I write all this down as a way of saying good-bye to 2013. I will not miss a minute of it. NOT A DAMN MINUTE.

So for 2014 I will continue my exploration of golf, my membership in the Experimental Aircraft Association, volunteer at the Aurora Theater, enjoy the newly landscaped yard (once it is done) and perhaps find some time to stitch a bit. The rest of my life will be lived without regret and no looking back. It is my life to live my way.

As a start to my new life adventure, I had some portraits made.  I include them here with hopes you will like them.

Sincere best wishes for a brillant new year for everyone.
Karmen Sunshine
(Adios to 2013 and the 15 years that preceded it. I am moving on. Tears are behind me.)




16 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It is sad that you had to go through so much and sad that the lawyers who are supposed to help us, make things worse. I am glad to hear you are letting it all go and can move on to a new future. I really love your photo shoot, makes me want to try one. I hope the new year brings your many blessings and new friendships.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to see a new post from you, but saddened to learn of all you experienced as a result of your husband's passing. People show their true colors, don't they? I hope the new years brings only good your way.

Anonymous said...

Blessings Karmen, and a Merry Christmas to you. I saw adios as well. I am so glad to hear you are forward to 2014 with enthusiasm .. I look forward to see your new post both quilting and non-quilting. And I love your photo shots. Hugs. Cheryl R.

Anonymous said...

Well, this was a way of dealing with all the feelings that have wrapped so tight around you. I pray that the coming year will be one of joy, hope, mostly love. The one's who know about all the horrible things that went on have not got a clue. But my friend, just remember there are plenty who know you well enough to know that you basically went through hell and back. So we are all finishing up this past year, and now as we turn yet another chapter of our lives in the year, 2014...I pray only good things coming your way. I am thankful that you are looking ahead, as traveling in the past is not a good thing to do.
My wish for you this year is to find what truly makes you happy and continue in that direction.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, KARMEN!! May your New Year be the beginning of a lovely year ahead. Susan!!!!!

Libby said...

I hope the new year brings you nothing but joy and happiness!

Karmen Sunshine said...

Thank you all for your supportive comments!

Carol said...

Dear Friend- Once again, life has unfairly kicked you and, once again, you will rise above it all, shake off the dust and walk into the sun. It breaks my heart to hear, just the surface, I'm certain, how awful this has been. Know there are many of us that love you and are here if you need us. The only thing I can offer is a listening ear and prayer that Christ will ease your pain.
Now, lift your face into the sunshine and walk into this nest year, knowing there are new adventures ahead! Carol

Karen said...

Surely 2014 will be a better year for you.

Muddling Through said...

Karmen, I love your pictures! You are a beautiful woman. I'm sure there is much joy ahead of you. Jeremiah 29:11 says that the plans God has for you are plans for good, to give you a hope and a future. I choose to think on those things.

Diane Branish said...

Karmen- And isn't the title of your blog appropriate. As you awaken each day in the new year, and every year after, I hope you will find some joy to replace the sadness you have experienced.

Karmen Sunshine said...

Thank you all for the supportive comments. I value all of you.
Karmen

joanne said...

Karmen, wishing you all the best in 2014. It sounds like you have found a good place in your heart, keep the best and throw away the drama. Keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers.

Mongo said...

Karmencita,
You have gone through a lot in your life. Not just the last year, but throughout you life. But, I still remember the girl from across the street with the bright smile, and happy demeanor, ready to take life on, and be a positive influence to those around her. And you have done that, so well. I am proud to have known that young girl, and the beautiful adult she became. Hang in there girl. You're going to be okay. You have a great support group, and I hope I am one of them. I am here anytime you need me. Love ya.

terry said...

Oh Karmen you are soooo pretty. So glad you got your groove back. You go girlfriend. Much happiness for you in 2014. Also, hope your son is okay.

Hugs - Terry

Carol C Thomas said...

Beautiful photos to bring in this 2014 year. I hope you have a better year...you have some beautiful goals -- to learn, grow, heal, and reawaken to the good in life. May we all have a better, happier new year. Good bye to 2013.

Margaret Stickland said...

The beautiful woman on the outside and I believe just as beautiffotos show a beautiful on the inside Look Forward Ever Upward. Per Ardua Adstra