Sunday, July 28, 2013

Thimbles Summer Stitch In

Yesterday ended my first attendance at the week long Stitch-In. Most of the women have been attending the Silver Thimble event for several years, but I was a virgin. I ran around doing errands in the mornings, so I didn't make it there most days until after noon, but since the sewing went on until 9:00 p.m., I got plenty of sewing time in.
At the Stitch-In I made it again only from a City Weekend layer cake I'd been saving. This will be a gift for someone who has become a very good friend during my husband's hospitalization and resulting death. (I want it to be a surprise.)
The quilt goes together easily, and I don't think you could go wrong no matter what layer cake you choose, or even if you cut your own 10" squares.


2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt and a wonderful gift for your friend. I have drawers under my bed, so no way would I try to get under it, lol. A new DIL that you like, that would be wonderful.

Debbie

joanne said...

I don't know if the first comment went through but I wanted to make sure you know that I am thinking of you, I can picture you under your bed trying to fix the problem! Your quilts are beautiful, I know each one carries a part of you with it, that is so very special. Makes me wish I knew how to sew...