Monday, June 25, 2012

Oh baby, my baby is married! Welcome Elizabeth!

The minister, the groom and groomsmen await the approach of bride and her father.
Some witnesses teared up right away.
But it wasn't until I noticed Adam shed his shoes to join his barefoot bride; all the while the minister spoke the vows they caressed each other's hands and gazed into each other's eyes, that I teared up.
Adam made both their rings.
Working together seems so natural to them.
Mr and Mrs now.
Bride's sister (matron of honor), bride's father (Billy), Adam, Elizabeth and  mother of the bride (Margaret).
The whole-cloth festival quilt I made them. It is denim on the back (yes, that same denim; I figure if it is good for the beach, it is also good for music festivals) and yellow print polished cotton upholstery fabric on front.
It was a great day for love in Monticello, Georgia.
Congratulations to Adam and Elizabeth!
June 24, 2012

10 comments:

Monica said...

Congratulations to the newlyweds!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful photos and a fun wedding, love how it is elegant but casual.
The quilt came out beautifully, you must have worked all night to get it done.

Debbie

oldgreymare said...

It all looks so intimate and special. Lucky them to have the support of their loved ones and the wisdom to focus on the marriage and not on some grand affair. I pray they have a long and happy life together.
I hope my kids will look as happy on their special days.
xx
z

O'Quilts said...

A celebration of love is always a wonderful thing!

joanne said...

What a beautiful couple! Congratulations to all..;j

Muddling Through said...

Looks like a perfect wedding to me! Best wishes for a long and happy life together to the beautiful couple.

Becky said...

Congratulations, Mom! Now you have a daughter!

Nancy in MT said...

Love how they put all the right, special, romantic touches in the wedding, very, very special.

tania said...

I love an outdoor wedding how special they look so happy and carefree

I wish them the best and congrats on your new member in your family.

OH I love the festival quilt what a wonderful gift!

Libby said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! Here's to a long and happy life together.