Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Little Shopping

I needed some yellow for the borders of my Irish chain top, so I went online and purchased this stack of yellow called "candy corn."  While I was online, I found some sale fabric I liked, so I snapped it up: some cute chicks and dogs,

Some vintage money and Liberty Bell fabric.
The package came Friday, but I was impatient about having enough yellow, so I went to the J-store.
Where I found an adequate yellow and two other must-have colors.  Then I turned around and saw this:
 I was on the phone with mother discussing yellow when I spied it, and I had to hang up.  I was over-come with fabric lust.  The photo doesn't do it justice, of course.  It is a vintage-looking cactus print.  I love it.
 I had to have a bit of this kitty print; although I am not sure what I'll do with it.  MY CAT is on the fabric, so I couldn't pass it up. Right?
The past week I had stopped at a garage sale on the way to work and scored a couple of pieces of fabric:
I love border prints 
 and bold florals.
 That's why I have been staying clear of shopping.  I have little restraint in the face of bargains and beauty.
But, I have lots of yellow fabric now.  Of course I may not even use any on the Irish chain.  I am thinking the green and red will be better frames around it. 
Is anyone one else in a stitching malaise?  Is it the weather?  Or may I blame work week stress for the weekend collapse of my sewing plans? Or maybe I have shopper's fatigue?

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Lots of wonderful fabrics to play with.
Love that kitty panel, can't wait to see what you do with it.
I haven't hit any good yard sales, or thrifts, love to look for older fabrics.

Debbie

Kris said...

You got some great new fabric there!! It's a sickness, isn't it!! A good kind of sickness!!

katie said...

Karmen, great looking fabrics. They will even be greater when you cut them up and put them back together. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Becky said...

Love all the fabric s you discovered! Love the blue toile. Take care!