Saturday, October 30, 2010

Those magic morning hours.

Last night, after my fabric disaster, I scrolled through the 350 unread blog posts Reader collected, Googled Timeless Treasures and chicken fabric every which way I could think, cruised 22 pages of Timeless Treasure fabric on E-bay and then went to bed with my clothes on (it is cold and we have yet to turn on the heat).
Here is Kitten in a good snuggle place.
 And between 4 and 4:08 this morning, it came to me.  Since I had appliquéd the corner squares of the 10 1/2 inch blocks, so I wouldn't have to cut the beautiful print apart too much, I can just piece the corners as in the traditional way of making the Irish Chain, and be just fine.  I will commence working on it after my hair appointment this afternoon.  I hope I have enough fabric, but I am pretty sure it will be okay now.
No more freaking out.
Except look what Kitten is doing!  She is "dogging" me about getting that one last guild UFO pledge done.  Yes, yes, Kitten!  I know it is due at the NEXT meeting!  I can't keep saying it isn't due until November.

6 comments:

Deb said...

It's funny how a solution will come to us in the dead of night! I'm glad that happened in your case. I know only too well how awful it is to cut something wrong and you end up being SOL!!

Gretchen said...

I am so glad your subconscious quilter brain worked out all the problems :) Kitten, I'm sure is being helpful too! She is such a sweetie.

WoolenSails said...

I tend to do that myself, come up with an idea when I go to bed.
My mind won't shut down, so I read myself to sleep;)
I am glad you figured it out and can't wait to see it finished, it is a beautiful piece, so far.

Debbie

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I think we all do and think the same!!!

Kitty looks as though it found a comfy spot!

"Happy Boo and scare day"---- gotta go finish sewing my costume and please have your treat ready for me ---I might be knocking at your door---I wish I could!

:) Carolyn

Muddling Through said...

I am so sorry for your little cutting mishap. Can I just say that I feel your pain - having done something similar more times than I care to remember. Glad you got it all figured out, and yes, cats are a wonderful help. When they're not being a terrible hindrance!

Brenda said...

I come up with my best ideas in the shower.