Sunday, April 11, 2010

Good news all around

This little girl was running the streets in front of our house yesterday.  I had never seen her before, and she was very skittish, so I had to apply dog psychology to catch her.  I am sure this looked really funny:  I lay down in the driveway (in the pollen), in my pajamas. She was still not interested in me, so I made clucking noises, and she ran right over to me.  I have found, in my dog rescue escapades, that "playing dead" or "playing prey" (running the OPPOSITE direction) is the best way to capture a lost dog.  It just works!  Anyway, she had a collar on and a phone number on her tag, so she was reunited with her mom-person.  Mom-person had left the house to go for a swim at the local pool, and her hubby must have left a door open on accident.  Poor little pup could have been snatched or hurt.  The mom-person said she had another small dog snatched by a hawk.  Oh my, I am just glad this little girl is safe again!
And my SEWEZI table is here!  It went together like a dream and fits my Bernina perfectly! I am so glad to have an internet order arrive as promised (I was losing faith in internet commerce)!  Of course, it was delivered by Fed Ex.

ALSO, hubby got on the phone with the car dealership, and, it turns out, no one had checked the warranty on my car, so the repair was reduced from $1250 to $155.  Wow, can you say "happy dance?"

4 comments:

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

You have such a good heart -- always taking care of animals.

Love your new sewing table. The insert is really nice. Have fun sewing!

WoolenSails said...

That is a nice table and machine. I used to have a beautiful cabinet with my singer, wish I had never sold that one. Now I use a big antique desk, but has lots of space and drawers, so perfect for me.

Debbie

Becky said...

Great that you found the owner of the lost dog! Our Rusty was lost once. We were so grateful to the man who rescued him and gave us a call. Great news on your car warranty issue! That's definitely a happy dance time. Have a great week! Hope to see you at Thimbles. I'm sewing Friday after school and part of Friday evening.

katie said...

I never knew that about rescuing a dog. Good info.
That sewing table look excellent.
Great deal on the car repair.
Don't over do it with that new table now.